NOTE: For Microsoft Windows 2008 users, you must log in as an administrator before you upgrade to a Maximo Asset Management interim fix pack. If you attempt to upgrade when you are not logged in as an administrator, the installation fails.
NOTE: The Interim Fix file should be copied to a location on the administrative workstation where Maximo is installed.
NOTE: Uninstall Information: This interim fix is provided to you as a Process Solution Installer (PSI) compressed zip file. When installed with PSI , it overwrites existing files in your existing directory structure and may contain database scripts that modify your database. If you want to reverse your changes, you must restore your backed-up versions of the Maximo directory and database.
Follow these steps to apply an Interim Fix:
- Ensure that no database configuration changes are pending.
- Shut down the Maximo application server.
- Back up the database.
- Make a backup of the the Maximo directory.
- Download the interim and copy it to the Maximo administrative workstation.
- Start the Process Solution Installer (PSI). Open the desktop folder Maximo Asset Management and click on the shortcut to Process Solution Installer -SMP. The installer can also be launched by starting an administrative command prompt and navigating to C:\ibm\SMP\bin and running solutionInstallerGUI.bat
- In the Introduction panel, click Next.
- In the Choose PSI Package panel, click Choose, then navigate to the interim fix file location, select the file, and click Open.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once the Interim Fix files have been installed, run the Update Database (updatedb.bat) utility. At a command prompt, change directory to <maximo root>\tools\maximo, for example, c:\IBM\SMP\maximo\tools\maximo. Run updatedb.bat.
- Apply any manual updates listed in this readme.html file. Information related to each APAR is found in the in the Manual Changes section.
- Delete the application server cache folders:
- For Oracle WebLogic Server, see Clearing the WebLogic 10 Cache.
- For IBM WebSphere Application Server, see Clearing WebSphere temporary file caches for Maximo Asset Management.
- Rebuild and redeploy the EAR files, and then restart the application server.