Maximo SysAdm Times
Welcome to the Sysadm Times !!!!
The other day I was working with a customer who was having an issue with displaying Topology tab in Assets in Maximo 18.104.22.168 , it used work fine in 22.214.171.124 but no longer in 126.96.36.199.
In Maximo 188.8.131.52 Topology tab was displayed after following this technote: http
Here are the steps that I have taken to resolve the problem.
The following troubleshooting steps have been carried out to fix the problem.
1. Export Asset.xml's from build 184.108.40.206 and from 220.127.116.11
2. Compare both presentation xml's using Beyond Compare tool and search for label = Topology. You will find out tab id="
Here is the full piece of xml code which is missing in Maximo 18.104.22.168 for Asset Topology.
You will also find out that Topology applet is missing in Maximo 22.214.171.124
Here is the full piece of xml code which is missing in Maximo 126.96.36.199 for Topology applet.
<asttopo appname="ASSET" asse
3. Edit the Asset.xml from 188.8.131.52 build and add the above missing piece of code --> Save changes
4. Go to App Designer --> Assets --> Import the edited asset.xml via App Designer and save changes
5. Sign out and log back into Maximo and Go to Asset in Application Designer, you will see that Topology tab is now displayed.
However in Assets application, Topology tab will still not be displayed yet.
6. Now apply instructions described on this technote in build 184.108.40.206
NOTE: At this stage you will notice that Topology Viewer Presentation sigoption is also missing in 7607.
7. Add this sigoption in App Designer for Asset and save changes
8. Apply again instructions in this Technote
9. Log out and Sign back into Maximo
10. Go to Assets --> You will see Topology tab is finally displayed
That's all for today, I hope this was informative and helpful.