Perhaps you've run into the scenario whereby no Work Orders are being generated for an Asset when its associated Measure Point is reached. Often times, this is due to the configuration or setup of the Condition Monitoring for that Asset...
There are three main components that must be configured correctly to use Asset Conditioning Monitoring:
- The MeasurePointWoGen Cron Task has not been set up, or it has been set up incorrectly
- The associated PM must be Active
- The Measure Point must be set up with the expected parameters.
The most common setup oversight is the MeasurePointWoGen Cron Task. The Cron Task may not be set up yet, or it is not running on an expected schedule. Below is a generic set of instructions to set up this Cron Task. (use the appropriate parameters/settings for your site)
Please note the Cron Task will NOT run if the system is in Admin Mode.
- Go To System Configuration | Platform Configuration | Cron Task Setup
- In the Cron Task field enter "measurepoint" and press Enter
- Click on MeasurePointWoGenCronTask
- In the Cron Task Instances section click the New Row button
- In the Cron Task Instance Name field enter an appropriate name, such as "SITE 1" 6. In the Schedule field click the Set Date button
- Click the radio button for one of the intervals, such as Every __hour(s) and enter the frequency; (such as 1, to run it every hour)
- Click OK
- Click the checkbox for Active
- In Cron Task Parameters section enter any desired parameters, such as the site in the siteid Value field
- Save the record
- Select Action | Reload Request
- Click the checkbox for the Instance name that you are using
- Click OK
- When the frequency is met, (or when the Last Run Timestamp updates) check the Condition Monitoring record for the Measure Point to see if a Work Order appears in the Work Order History section.
Tom Richardson is an IBM Maximo Support Engineer and frequent contributor to the Asset Management Blog community. For a complete index of links to his articles, visit
Index of articles by Tom Richardson, Support Engineer