Mobile Maximo application gains complete acceptance by field workers
Like many mid-sized utility companies, Georgia Transmission Corporation (GTC) is tasked with finding efficiencies – doing more with less. After all, when you manage the grid for more than 4M Georgians, efficiency is a top priority. Each decision made is done with the intent to reduce outages and cost and increase productivity – no small task for a company that inspects and protects more than 3000 miles of power lines and substations. GTC uses IBM Maximo to manage and maintain their transmission lines and substations. When GTC decided to take their IBM Maximo system mobile, they evaluated a number of mobile solutions – looking for one that would be readily accepted by their field workers. They needed an application that was unobtrusive and provided true value. That’s when GTC turned to Interloc Solutions and the Interloc Mobile Informer.
GTC chose Mobile Informer because they knew that it would provide a high user acceptance rate on a highly valued smart device – the iPad. Specifically, the mobile application had to:
- View and update assigned Maximo work orders
- Transmit and receive work orders to and from Maximo
- Access the application whether online or offline
- Organize work into custom groups on the device to provide faster accessibility to work
- Perform transmission line and structure inspections
- Be integrated with Maximo workflow process
And because the Mobile Informer application is native to both the iOS operating system and Maximo, it also provided some added benefits to GTC:
- Use Apple’s push notification to manage data synchronization between the mobile device and Maximo
- Leverage the built-in camera to attach pictures and videos to work orders
- Integrate functionality from native Apple apps including Maps and Mail with work orders
The GTC Work Management mobile application was designed specifically for the iPad and is currently used by field personnel from 4 Operations & Maintenance departments within GTC to manage and act on their assigned work orders from the Maximo system. Within just a few weeks of deploying Mobile Informer, GTC is pleased with the productivity gains seen, which include:
- Near real-time work order updates from field personnel
- Increased productivity on the go – whether connected or disconnected
- Faster data entry and more timely work order updates
- Minimal training; greater acceptance of mobile application
“We have never had such complete acceptance of any new work management product,” said Dale Mann, Group Lead – Maintenance Mgmt Systems, Georgia Transmission Corporation. Mann goes on to say, “From the moment the field workers saw it at training; they could not wait until we put it into production. Interloc Solutions developed an excellent product that had our workers instantly productive with minimal training.”
About Interloc Solutions
Interloc is 100% dedicated to providing innovative Maximo consulting services, industry and product solutions to help you obtain fast and continual ROI from your software investment. Our highly experienced technology and business professionals excel at providing comprehensive, reliable solutions to address your enterprise asset and service management needs.
Interloc has two IBM Ready for Tivoli products (Mobile Informer and Interloc Mailer) and has been recognized numerous times by IBM, winning the IBM Tivoli Awards for ISM Library Solution Excellence (2013), Best of Show for Mobile Informer (2012), and Smarter Planet for Consulting Expertise (2012), as well as being a finalist for three other awards in 2013: IBM Tivoli Best of Show for Mobile Informer, IBM Tivoli Best Asset and Facilities Management Award for Consulting Services, and the prestigious 2013 Beacon Award for Best Solution for Optimizing the World's Infrastructure for Mobile Informer.