Are you a developer who enjoys using IBM Cloud services? Are you searching for a way to gain more visibility and recognition within the developer community? Do you want to bring the voice of the developer community into IBM? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’re in luck! The IBM Champions program is now open to web developers who are passionate about IBM Cloud and cloud-native development.
What’s an IBM Champion?
IBM Champions are a community of software engineers, IT professionals, educators, developers, technologists, consultants, and more, with expertise across a wide range of IBM products and services. They influence and mentor others through digital contributions, speaking at conferences, moderating or contributing to forum discussions on IBM Cloud technology, leading user groups, or authoring various types of content. IBM Champions are recognized as innovative thought leaders in their technical communities.
“Thanks to the IBM Champions program, my involvement in the community has received greater prominence internally within my company and externally amongst our customers,” said IBM Lifetime Champion Paul Withers.
You can learn more about the IBM Champions program here.
Expectations and benefits
The newest type of IBM Champion is the developer Champion. These individuals are developers who demonstrate expertise and contribution in helping others derive greater value from IBM Cloud platform services, app modernization, open source technologies, and cloud-native computing.
We are looking for web developers who:
- Actively contribute to open source communities
- Build solutions using IBM technology
- Mentor and teach others
Developer Champions will be expected to:
- Work with IBM developer advocates to increase the understanding of IBM technologies in open source communities
- Co-create content with other IBM Champions and IBMers
- Engage with the IBM Champion program throughout the year to learn, share, and network
Developer Champions will benefit from:
- Growing your network
- Receive discounts for conferences and events
- Being featured on IBM websites and social media feeds
- Exclusive access to the newest technologies and features from IBM
- Feedback pipeline with IBM and IBMers in technical discussions
How to nominate an IBM Champion
Each year, IBMers, Champions, and community members come together to select new IBM Champions. You can participate by nominating yourself or a colleague. If you have any questions, please reach out to Libby Ingrassia, the IBM Champion program manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter. If you have developer-specific IBM Champion inquiries, feel free to reach out to Julia Nash via email at email@example.com.
Please note that nominations for Champions close on November 22, 2019!